Discover the Versatility of Couscous With The Ultimate Couscous Cookbook, Shipped Right to Your Door
Hearty Carrots, Potatoes and Onions with Chickpeas and Couscous Recipe
This hearty dish is loaded with healthy vegetables and protein-rich chickpeas. The combination of spices and flavors makes it an ideal comfort food for a chilly day. It's also quick and simple to prepare.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions until they are translucent.
- Cook for 5 minutes after adding the carrots and potatoes to the pot.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes after adding the chickpeas to the pot.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a separate pot.
- Remove from heat and add couscous.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes, covered.
- Using a fork, fluff the couscous.
- Serve with couscous and the hearty vegetables and chickpeas.
Near East Couscous Mix
Couscous And Other Good Food From Morocco
Near East Parmesan Couscous
Couscous and Quinoa
Couscous Salad with Feta Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes and Mint Recipe
Couscous Risotto with Chickpeas and Peppers Recipe
Couscous Porridge with Raspberries Recipe
Couscous Stuffed Green Bell Peppers Recipe